2012년 4월 28일 토요일

Rights movement - Blogging#5



I saw the movie "The Help" in my class. This movie is about the african-american's human rights in the U.S.A. My interests about the movie lead me to investigate more about the african-american's human rights movement.
The first african-americans came to the american states in 1619 when Netherlands ship brought 20 africans in Virginia. But we don't know whether they were brought as servants or just workers. Even after Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation, Africans in the U.S.A were discriminated from the Anglo-Saxons. They didn't get equal rights as well as the rights to vote. Africans started to protest nonviolently in 1950 to get eqaul rights.
I knew that they were discriminated harsh but the descriptive pictures in the movie made me sad and angry. Through out the whole movie, I was thinking how unfair it is to get discriminated just by the color of skin. All humans are equal and have rights to live and ignoring it is a brutal thing. I highly honor those who fought for their equal rights and brought the slogan of "no racism" to these days.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기